Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MOON Reflection


It is a full MOOONNN. I love the moon, her delicious and intense energy that fuels my spirit and keeps me up quite past any healthy hours of bedtime. The moon is the queen of the night, of nocturnal creatures such as felines (which I adore); the moon is also connected to the sea, another sacred sanctuary that sings to my heart. Did I mention I have a blissful turtle as one of my power animals? Gratitude to Arnold, a turtle spirit of the sea. 

The moon rules the astrological sign of Cancer, of intuition and emotions so inherently as a baby born under this sign, I gravitate to her radiance. Cancer is also a water sign and the moon too connected to the same element, making cancers and moon lovers alike susceptible to sobbing… it’s natural! And healthy release.

The moon is the counter to the sun, the energetic compliment found commonly in nature- female and male, yin and yang, dark and light. Although gender labeling is a bit oversimplified, the sun is representative of the male/yang energy and the moon thus the female/yin. The moon projects her image by reflecting the light of the sun, a passive action illustrative of perhaps the opportunity for one to travel inward during her full blaze. Full moons are a time to be deeply insightful and meditative. Especially when one cannot fall asleep.

Today is a golden gift to harness the light and illuminate one’s authentic power. Aho!

I hosted a beautiful full moon gathering at my abode and approximately 20 gorgeous souls attended, sitting around an altar with candles, crystals, and sacred herbs. We all felt the glow.
 

The Altar...crystals, Jesus, grandparents, Tibetan Buddhist medicine wheel, Brazilian shamanic rattle, sacred shells, etc.


Tara tantric goddess, Hanuman, Dharma Mittra, mala beads, tarot.

In honor of the moon I gave my personal altar an upgrade and cleansing, feeding it incense, flowers, and new cloths. Additionally to the altar I introduced my drum, which finally came back to me after travelling for the last three months in the hands of the postal gods in Southeast Asia. I am sure it had a wonderful trip but I am thrilled to see her again. Blessings blessings light light light! 

  
Shamanic drum, incense, sacred geometry, and more!



No comments:

Post a Comment