Sunday, March 24, 2013

NYC Bus Wisdom



Just found this while riding on a NYC M101 public bus: "When someone takes the love we offer, it is the greatest act of giving because it give to the lover his reason for living. But love has vulnerability. Love needs receptivity, even as a seed needs soil, and cannot flourish if tossed in a tin can. To love wisely we must believe in love and nurture love. To love wisely we must be in love with love. To love wisely, we must love with LOVE!"

And consequently returning home I was inspired to whip up some raw vegan LOVE cookies with cacao powder, walnuts, dates, seasalt, vanilla, maple/coconut sugar, dried coconut, cranberries, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Now I need to share my heart(s).

In a food processor I mix approximately one cup of walnuts with 1/2 cup of fresh dates, a sprinkle of organic pure vanilla, a couple tablespoons of raw cacao powder, and a dash of seasalt, and then remove half of the mixture in which I mix in cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and a splash of maple syrup, and to the other half remaining in the processor I add the fresh ginger, dried cranberries, and a bit of coconut sugar, combining until it forms a sticky dough. I add a bit of dried coconut to make the dough a bit stiffer.

Processing the Ingredients...

Cutting out the Hearts...


On lightly greased piece of wax paper (oiled with a bit of unrefined organic coconut oil) I roll out the dough and break out my heart cookie cutters in two different sizes. Garnishes include dried cranberries and more walnuts.

To make a plate of LOVE!



If you have a dehydrator you can “bake” the “cookies” for a couple hours to make a bit more firm or just eat them naturally soft and delicious. Alternatively you can place them on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 10-12 minutes at 325 degrees.

I am addicted to LOVE and/or cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment