Saturday, March 16, 2013

St Patty’s Day Bars or Blenders?


There is a bit too much of this...

St. Patty’s is a strange day it seems, sparkly shamrocks, wild leprechauns, men in skirts, silly cheap paraphernalia, unnaturally colored beer and bagels. Bars in NYC are filled to capacity. All day long.
Green to me is the color of the heart chakra and I am itching to celebrate, yet in a kinder and more nutritious way. So I instead eschew the scene and head to my blender. Time to whip up some raw vegan love!

I peruse the pantry, pulling out some raw walnuts, moringa, plump medjool dates, fresh baby spinach, unsweetened dried shredded coconut, coconut sugar, vanilla, seasalt, cacao, etc.

so I head to my pantry filled with healthy ingredients!

In a food processor (or blender) I mix the nuts together with the dates, vanilla, and salt, and then remove half of the mixture in which I mix in a bit of raw cacao powder and coconut sugar and set aside, and to the other half remaining in the processor I add the spinach and a dash of moringa (an amazing superfood plant and complete protein similar to spirulina), combining until it forms a sticky dough. I add a bit of dried coconut to make the dough a bit drier and then the coconut sugar to taste. The color is heavenly.

  


On lightly greased piece of wax paper (oiled with a bit of unrefined organic coconut oil) I roll out the dough and break out my snazzy cookie cutters. Shamrocks/hearts? There are no boundaries. Garnishes include dried cherries, more dried coconut, walnuts, and my favorite, chocolate.
 If ya have a dehydrator you can “bake” the “cookies” for a couple hours to make a bit more firm (before drizzling with chocolate). Alternatively you can place them on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Or just eat them naturally soft.


 
 My heart chakra and tummy organically glowed GREEN. There is a bit of Irish in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment